Sunday, May 3, 2009

My first race of the year.

Today i did my first race of the year.It was a time trial starting in Portage and ending at delta beach.There was a not bad turn out,thought there would of been more but most of the top riders from the portage area were there.After getting signed in Bob came up to me and asked me whether or not i wanted to go last or go ahead of Don Sissons.Luckily Don was busy talking to someone so a said i would go last, he didn't seem to mind.So we all took off,Mike Caslor probably had the best start he was flying (brand new bike).I took off last to try to hunt down as many people as i could.It took to around the half way point before i caught Don then soon after Nathan and then finally Bob and Mike Caslor.I ended up taking first place Bob second and i think Nathan took third.Don had bad luck again, because shortly after i passed him he got a flat.(dnf) It turned out to be a great day weather wise so i hope there's more coming.

4 comments:

Coach Dave said...

If you are faster then Donny Boy you are faster then me! In fact you are faster then most of the people in the province. I suggest you come down the city, put your money on the line and test your metal against the boys and their way to expensive toys. The TTs at BHP today was packed and from all perspectives (minus the congestion) a smashing success.

Well done. You are quite welcome to pull me to the end of those loooong races you are planning on doing, then I will take the glory ;)

cory smith said...

I think Don just had a bad race and he did flat.He might of caught me again.Don usually starts the season a little slow because he doesn't ride all winter just ski's but once he gets rolling i can't keep up to him.

Rainmaker said...

Very nice. At some point I'd love to give my shot at some time trials, never done any sort of cycling race before.

cory smith said...

Hey Rainmaker

You should try some bike races i think you would do really good.I am getting hooked on the multi day mountain bike stage races.