Sunday, December 26, 2010

Ass Kick Revisited

Well looking back Leadville sure kicked my ass but it didn't beat me.I remember looking back at my gps and found out that i wasn't moving for 15min out of the 10:45min race.I remember getting a real sick feeling on top of Columbine.I remember being only 38min behind the leaders at the power line decent.I remember not being able to eat anything for the last 6hr of the race.I remember feeling like shit at the end of the race.I remember doing a pile of climbing.I don't remember how i made it to the finish.I felt not bad a couple weeks after the race but after that i started to go down hill.I ended up getting a real bad eye infection which i had to eventually  go to the emergency for.I then found out i also had a tonsil infection as well.I tried to ride with Don at Birch when i was on my pills and could barely climb any hills,having to stop part way up and walk,it was truly a sad sight.I found La Ruta a picnic compared to Leadville.Everyone reacts different to high altitude and you don't find it out til you get there.I can hardly wait to go back.