Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Screw Milk!!! Got Oxygen???

Well i made home alive.This race was the hardest thing i have ever done.It's my new #1 suffer fest.This is the first time i thought my health was in jeopardy.I started to feel ill and entered a dark place  as i reached the top of Columbine at 13,000ft and then suffered all the way back home.I had to dig deep to finish on time and fight off nausea and dizzyness.There is no recovery over 10,000ft and i was just wrecked as i crossed the finish line.I have never felt this way after any race i have done but felt better the next day.I will do a race report with pics as soon as i can,stay tuned.

6 comments:

Kevin B said...

Glad you're still kickin' Cory. You're one of the toughest guys I know, so it must be crazy hard.

Coach Dave said...

Definitely tough-as-nails-Cory. Well done young man! I am looking forward to your post.

JP said...

You freaking rock. Yeah, I remember the first time i tried hiking with my skiis over 10000feet to get to some fresh powder.... i thought my lungs were bleeding. they probably were. never mind biking to 13000 feet in Leadville! Shit! Way to go man.

cory smith said...

My lungs luckly didn't bleed but my eye's were blood shot red and i was blowing blood out of my nose.

Unknown said...

I flew into a city at sea level to one at 13000 feet (La Paz). The itinerary upon landing called for us all to spend a day and a half drinking water and lying around in bed to get used to the altitude. People were sitting in lawn chairs enduring heart palpitations.

Give me a shout and we can have a drink - want to see your pics and get the in person report.

cory smith said...

Sounds good Nathan