Monday, July 26, 2010

Falcon race report

I just want to start off saying the people that put on this race are A one in my books.The race was so much fun.I just about didn't come because of my busy schedule but when Hal mentioned team of  2 i figured it would be a great way to go and ride without having to drive home looking like a zombie.The course was fun,rocky,fast and had some muddy sections that sucked the life from your legs.Me and Hal decided that we would try to get in the most laps.So we started off doing one lap a piece,trying to maintain 30min lap times and keep doing this until 8:00pm.Once 8 came around we were looking good,we were in the lead so we started doing 2 laps a piece.This is when the troubles started for Hal.He started having tire troubles and went down hard on his wrist and at around 1 in the morning he could not hold on to the handle bars anymore so he was out for the night.I then went out for another lap and when i got back it was around 1:30.I looked at the teams and saw we had a big lead on the other teams of 2 and there was no way i was going to stay ahead of the team of 4 by myself so i went back to the camper to lay down.We woke to sunshine and hot temps i cooked us breakfast had a coffee and then at 10:00 went out and did 3 more laps.Hal rode strong and i had a blast doing the team of 2 thing.In the end we did 28 laps in 16 hrs and won the team of 2 division.I just have to say again how great the race was.They had a camp fire going and even brought a generator out to light up part of the course.I feel sorry for the people that stayed home trying to figure out where to ride.Sorry i didn't take any pic'.

2 comments:

The Dark Lord said...

Right on Cory. You were looking strong the whole way. Good luck in Leadville. Let me know if you want my friends' contact info.

cory smith said...

Thanks Chris....All you guys did a great job with the race.