Monday, November 30, 2009

La Ruta part 2

The rest of the stage 1 went pretty well but i got to say that if you don't like climbing then you wouldn't like this race.It seems like you are always climbing and most of the down hills are fast and then you are climbing again.The feed zones were good and the people there were very helpful.I went with 3 bottle's on stage 1 and 2 on stage 2 3 4. I wore my back pack with a couple of jacket's in it for stage 3 because the decent of the volcano was cold.The end of stage 1 was at the hotel and you also stayed the night there so you went straight in got your room and showered.You got 2 meals a day breakfast and lunch or supper.Stage 2 was steeper than stage 1 if you can believe it.The grades were as high as 30% By the middle of the stage my toes were burning from all the climbing so i had to stop where ever i could find cool water and soak my feet quickly.I saw a lot of suffering that day but it was alot dryer than day 1.More later.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now it sounds good! Maybe I should try it some day!

Climb! Climb!

cory smith said...

You would get your fix.