Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Race For A While

Well the end is almost here,last bike race for a while.Don't plan on racing much next year.I have to much on the go at home and at work.I have been training steady,riding the jogging as much as i can.This is the first race this year that i managed to train steady for.I feel pretty good the last couple of weeks.I think i am just about at 40,000m of painful training climbs.I haven't had my GPS the last couple of weeks because i sent it back for a new one( software )but before that i was at 38,000 m over the last few months .Bike has been working great,i picked up a new scalpel 1 for the race and have been riding it for a little over a month ( thanks Olympia ),all i want to do before the race is change the tires. Flights are booked,hotels are booked,transportation is booked.I can't believe i am going to be climbing up the sides volcanoes and riding threw rain forests.This race is going to be the toughest race i have ever done,they say every year 40% of the racers don't finish.The heat,humidity,mud,steep looooong climbs,getting up at 4:30 0r 5:00 every morning and racing every day with hardly no sleep because you sweated all night and oh i just about forgot having ride on bumpy railway tracks for km's and km's.I think if i finish in one piece a good drunk will be the order of the day.

7 comments:

Kevin B said...

good luck cory - have a good time.

cory smith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
cory smith said...

Thanks man. I will try to post updates.I managed to download all four stages onto my 705.So i shouldn't get lost.

gordo said...

Good luck Cory,u and don can do it. Pace yourself, eat and drink well.
Saw you running lots there, all that training will pay off.

cory smith said...

Thanks Gordo...I wish you were coming with us, misery loves company.

Anonymous said...

Go Cory!.. Enjoy it!

Coach Dave said...

Dude you will be missed but never forgotten. Do the MUTERO races if you can, but I am glad you are putting the family first. Always a pleasure ‘knocking elbows’ with you.

Dave.