Sunday, September 6, 2009

XC800 Degrees Celcius

I arrived Friday night with my wife ,pre rode and then went for supper.Slept not bad (it was cool).The morning warmed up fast and i knew it was going to be hot.I did like Greg and couldn't find my bike so i got stuck in behind a pile of people.I set out to ride steady and my goal was top 10.I was feeling real good even with the heat until around my 4th or 5th lap i started having bike trouble.My rear cassette would not free wheel it would make a hell of a noise and then the chain would jump and get jammed up(crap).I stopped a bunch was times and couldn't see anything wrong.I couldn't even turn it backwards by hand so i walked a bit ran a bit and then when i was close to the end i said screw it and decided to to ride it .It worked as long as i kept pedaling but when i stopped it didn't sound pretty at all.So when i got in i decided to take the rear cassette off.I was lucky because Shawn Z was there and began to help me.After we got everything apart we noticed that the rear cassette bearing had packed it in so he offered me his wheel(thanks Shawn)We began to switch everything around and even had to do rotors because i run smaller ones.I lost a pile of time but was happy to keep riding.I ended up with 8 laps and missed the cut off by 5 mins i think, so the best i could have done if i didn't have trouble would of been 9.The fast guys did 11!I think out of the top 13 around half were from MB that's counting Paddy which i thought was pretty dam good.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good seeing you out there.. we must have been side by side while we passed the bikes! DOH!

Great job not letting the mech's stop you.

Kevin B said...

still sounds like it was a good time. you running Mavic CrossMax wheels by any chance? Jane's rear crossmax hub is a joke, constant servicing, worst hubs I have even seen. always something wrong.

anyway, still need to get out for a ride. take care.

cory smith said...

Yes mavic crossmax are the ones i am running.

Hey Greg great job nice racing with you.

Tamara said...

Well done buddy..fighting through the adversity. Must have been fun...let's get out a few times before LA RUTTA..